[tor-talk] Why does requesting for bridges by email require a Yahoo or Gmail address?

Matthew Finkel matthew.finkel at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 02:38:41 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 10:29:49PM +0000, ideas buenas wrote:
> I don't trust Gmail nor Yahoo. Roger, found another way. No excuses, please.

This actually has very little to do with trust, and (as Roger said)
these providers were chosen because of the difficulty of creating new
accounts. Out of curiousity, what are you actually worried about?
Personally, it is sad that you need a phone number when you create
these accounts over Tor, but if retrieving bridges is important (and
it usually is), then there are usually ways to do this safely.

Another distribution method is currently being written and we will
write others in the future, but please help us provide another way
(yes, you, please help us if the current situation is unsatisfactory!).
The more people we can safely help, the better.

- Matt