[tor-talk] ISP surveillance.

Marcos Eugenio Kehl marcoskehl at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 24 17:24:21 UTC 2014

Hello experts!
TAILS, running by usb stick, protect me against forensics tecnics in my pc. Ok.
TOR, running as a client only or as a relay, protect (theoretically) my privacy. Ok.
But... if my static IP, provided by my ISP, is under surveillance by a legal requirement, what kind of data they can sniff?

 I mean, my connection looks like a simple HTTPS, or they know I am diving into the Deep Web, "hacking the world"? Could the ISP capture the downloads dropping into my pc when running TAILS?
If so, TOR Socks (proxy + TOR) is the pathway to deceive and blindfold my ISP?

Marcos Kehl (Brazil)