[tor-talk] Android app: Torrific

Daniel Martí mvdan at mvdan.cc
Thu Jul 24 06:52:08 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 08:01:53 +0200, CJ wrote:
> Website is here: https://torrific.ch/ (yep, Switzerland, a
> not-so-against-Tor country)
> Source code is on github: https://github.com/EthACKdotOrg/Torrific
> Released under GPLv2

I wanted to help by adding it to F-Droid, but noticed that you use the
GPLv2. Any particular reason? As far as I know, you cannot use it with
the Android support libs - which the app uses - since they ara Apache2,
and the GPLv2 is incompatible with it. The closest options to GPLv2 are
GPLv3 and Apache2.

Please ping me when you've fixed the licensing issue and I'll finish
adding it :)

--
Daniel Martí - mvdan at mvdan.cc - http://mvdan.cc/
PGP: A9DA 13CD F7A1 4ACD D3DE  E530 F4CA FFDB 4348 041C