[tor-talk] Tor Browser window size

Joe Btfsplk joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Wed Jul 23 18:12:38 UTC 2014

On 7/23/2014 2:49 AM, Georg Koppen wrote:
> Red Sonja:
>> I'm running the latest TBB on linux32. How do I reset the window size? I
>> moved one side by mistake and I can't set it back by hand. Each time I
>> run it, it's the window size from the last session.
> That should not happen. If you resize a window and then e.g. click on
> "New Identity" you should get your default window size again and not the
> one from some last session. Does this happen with a clean, new Tor
> Browser? If so, please file a bug at https://bugs.torproject.org giving
> some steps to reproduce as we'd need to investigate that further.

Should TBB always start in partial window size?

Vanilla Firefox starts in maximized mode, if that was the state when
closed (I think).
TBB always starts in partial screen mode, even if last closed while in
full screen.  Many apps remember the last screen size.
Is there an anonymity reason to have TBB  start in partial screen?

It's a problem (in Windows) if I change the system DPI setting from
default (96 DPI) to anything larger.  Even 105 - 110 DPI causes TBB's
screen size buttons to be off the monitor.

Then the only way to maximize the UI is grab TBB's bottom border & drag
it up.
That makes enough of TBB's title bar visible, to drag the window down &
see the size buttons.

The method that works to make some apps start in full screen, of
R-clicking the app's shortcut > Properties, then from the "Run" box
select "maximized" has no effect on TBB starting size.
Thanks.