[tor-talk] Almost everyone involved in developing Tor was (or is) funded by the US government

Scott Arciszewski scott at arciszewski.me
Wed Jul 23 15:14:50 UTC 2014

On Wed, 23 Jul 2014 15:43:24 +0100
mick <mbm at rlogin.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Jul 2014 11:15:15 +0000
> Kristy Chambers <K.Chambers at openmailbox.org> allegedly wrote:
>
> > Interesting article published few days ago. Any comments?
> > http://pando.com/2014/07/16/tor-spooks/
>
> Shock, Horror, "Internet built from US Gov funding"
>
> http://www.internetsociety.org/internet/what-internet/history-internet/brief-history-internet
>
> Better stop using it.
>
> Mick
>
>  Mick Morgan
>  gpg fingerprint: FC23 3338 F664 5E66 876B  72C0 0A1F E60B 5BAD D312
>  http://baldric.net

Heh. I failed to learn anything of value from that article. Where do
people think non-profits get the majority of their funding; well
wishes, kitten giggles, and unicorn farts?

I've talked to a few people who pointed at this and the Black Hat
fiasco and promptly went full tinfoil-wrapped potato. It's stupid.