[tor-talk] I can't use tor in state university's campus network...

Griffin Boyce griffin at cryptolab.net
Wed Jul 23 06:24:25 UTC 2014

ttzeqq wrote:
>>> > I am in US.What can I do?

   The easiest way to bypass such a restriction is to select Configure
when launching TorBrowser, select No when asked if you need to use a
proxy, then select Yes when asked if the firewall only allows access to
certain ports.  Here are some screenshots to help:
http://imgur.com/a/gjKYP

> Patrick <apexcp at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Do a lot of universities block Tor?

   This is usually a result of them restricting ports to 80 & 443 -- not
actually trying to block Tor.  Amusingly, this was also the case when I
was doing a demo at the Tails launch party.  Local network blocked all
ports but 443 and 80.  Awkward.

best,
Griffin