[tor-talk] GnuPG and Tor

Red Sonja BM-2cTpEdTADjx2bQf6WuuX1CPER78Sq3xL76 at bitmessage.ch
Tue Jul 15 12:48:26 UTC 2014

I said to myself what the hell.
I have a pgp keychain. I update that chain. First rule is to talk to a
secured server. Or anybody can see your whole addressbook. So it is a
secured server. But still, it is quite obvious who am I just by looking
at that list. So I figured out, maybe if I push the refresh through Tor,
talking with a secured server that would make things more private. I
have searched. I have read the torproject wiki. I don't get it.

Than I got the gpg.conf from Torbirdy, from github, from the torproject
wiki. Did the changes. I put a .onion keyserver. And behold a long list
of error.

gpgkeys: HTTP fetch error 6: Couldn't resolve host name

HTTP? Right. The .onion site is HTTP and not HTTPS. Still, it does not
seem to get it when I put that into its configuration:

keyserver-options http-proxy=socks5://127.0.0.1:9150
keyserver hkp://qdigse2yzvuglcix.onion

Can anybody help?