[tor-talk] Questions about NSA monitoring of Tor users.

z9wahqvh z9wahqvh at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 00:57:55 UTC 2014

i agree with your analysis of NSA's job, but not with your statement that
no one denies that its job is legitimate.

on the contrary, while both Snowden and Greenwald, if read carefully, agree
with you (at least mostly), virtually everyone who comments on the Snowden
materials, including some very prominent journalists & bloggers, hackers &
activists & technologists, and many others, strike me as absolutely denying
that there is any legitimate case for not leaving blind spots. i suspect
many on this list deny it too, though I wouldn't pretend to speak for them.

i wish what you said were true, but I see much evidence to the contrary: in
fact, I sometimes think that this is the point.

>    Did no one notice trillions are being drained from the US economy
> into some unidentified military project for the last decade or more???
>
> It would seem to indicate that there is a Manhatten-style project underway.
>
> do you have any links or additional info about this? beyond the vague
sense of large black budgets, I'm not sure exactly what you might be
referring to.