[tor-talk] Are there any reputable .onion hosting providers?

Griffin Boyce griffin at cryptolab.net
Fri Jul 11 23:56:40 UTC 2014

On 2014-07-11 17:18, Артур Истомин wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 08:33:52PM +0000, simonsnake at openmailbox.org
> wrote:
>> I don't understand how to set-up an .onion domain...
>>
>> Can anyone please provide me with the address of a reputable .onion
>> hosting
>> company?
>
> It is very young business, so don't trust anyone without one-two
> positive comments and/or free trial.

   Unfortunately, this is an area that is ripe for exploitation.  There
have been a few that have cropped up over the years and most are
defunct.  Sir Valiance used to run a .onion hosting service (paid) that
had a decent reputation, but this was a couple of years ago and AFAIK
he's since stopped.

   You're much better off learning how to operate a hidden service on
your own.

best,
Griffin