[tor-talk] (no subject)

Geoff Down geoffdown at fastmail.net
Sat Jul 5 06:02:21 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jul 4, 2014, at 11:42 PM, ideas buenas wrote:
> Do a Whois lookup of  the addreses I gave u before  and check that all of
> this resolve to markmonitor.  s3-us-west-2-w.amazonaws.com
 amazonaws.com is registered with Markmonitor, yes: The 'registrar' is
 MarkMonitor, Inc and the 'registrant' is Amazon.com, Inc.
Nothing bad about that, Markmonitor are a big Registrar - if you don't
understand what 'registrar' and 'registrant' mean, see

> <http://edge-star-shv-04-gru1.facebook.com>
> just when I was visiting www.lemonde.fr ?
 If you mean that address appears in the status bar when page
 http://www.lemonde.fr/ is loading, look at the bottom of that page.
 There is a Facebook logo.
Le Monde have a Facebook account, and they are letting Facebook put
tracking links in their webpages:
 So they are trying to track you, but probably only to sell you things.
This is something that Torbrowser is designed to stop, as long as you
clear cookies between sessions.