[tor-talk] BlackHat2014: Deanonymize Tor for $3000

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 23:00:03 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jul 4, 2014 at 6:02 PM, Paweł Zegartowski <pzegar at gmail.com> wrote:
> I2P (aka Invisible Internet Protocol) is designed to be "a real undernet"
> Using I2P to acces a "standard" Internet but in anonymous way is much less

Right, in the likely context of the subject exploit, I referred only to
the similar .onion/.i2p hidden constructs that available for users.
Binding to and using them is a bit different of course but it all works.
And the .i2p's are generally as 'efficient' (speedy) in use regarding
initial connect, latency and bandwidth, if not better. (A lot of filesharing
is on i2p.) Bootstrapping into the net does take a while though. And
of course as with any other darknet you should run a 'non-exit' relay
to help out.

i2p does have 'exits' you can compare to tor as well.
Anyone can run an exit. But users have first find one
on a wiki list or somesuch, and then manually configure
their i2p to use it. Consider it like a bolt on proxy. Last
I checked one comes preconfigured but as such expect
it to be far overloaded. No reason there can't be many,
there just aren't.