[tor-talk] BlackHat2014: Deanonymize Tor for $3000

Lunar lunar at torproject.org
Fri Jul 4 05:59:28 UTC 2014

> If I were a betting person, a beer says that they will be summarizing the
> current issues with hidden services, and as Adrian said, doing a client
> side disbanding attack (e.g. Java + DNS)

My own speculations is that they have used the attacks on guard relays
described in the following blog post, maybe in combination with other

They wanted a NDA, so most Tor Project's core contributors don't know
what's in the air.

Improving the situations of guard relays is tricky to get right. There's
an open proposal in discussion:

It will also be a “hot topic” at the next Privacy Enhancing Technology

Lunar                                             <lunar at torproject.org>