[tor-talk] BlackHat2014: Deanonymize Tor for $3000

Seth David Schoen schoen at eff.org
Thu Jul 3 23:58:49 UTC 2014

Adrian Crenshaw writes:

> Best guess, many client side and web app attacks Tor can't do much about.
> (My talk at Defcon will cover a bunch of folks that got Deanonymized, but
> in every case it was not Tor that was really broke)

The description on the Black Hat site refers "a handful of powerful
servers and a couple gigabit links" that are operated for "a couple
of months", which sounds like this involves actually running nodes and
getting the attack targets to build circuits through them.

Seth Schoen  <schoen at eff.org>
Senior Staff Technologist                       https://www.eff.org/
Electronic Frontier Foundation                  https://www.eff.org/join
815 Eddy Street, San Francisco, CA  94109       +1 415 436 9333 x107