[tor-talk] according to leaked XKeyScore source NSA marks all Tor users as extremists, puts them on a surveillance list

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 20:12:10 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 10:47 AM, Seth David Schoen <schoen at eff.org> wrote:
> Does anyone have theories about this part right at the bottom? ..
>    /**
>     * Placeholder fingerprint for Tor hidden service addresses.
>     * Real fingerpritns will be fired by the plugins
>     *   'anonymizer/tor/plugin/onion/*'...
>    fingerprint('anonymizer/tor/hiddenservice/address') = nil;

this says to me "we used to directly implement linking processes at
print "... hiddenservice/address" but now we have improved our
infrastructure of XKS workflow to abstract plugin interfaces of which
this functionality is now implemented as "... plugin/onion".

> Does this suggest anything interesting about the ability to determine
> either the physical location of a hidden service's service or instances
> of people accessing a hidden service?

directories and authorities being of interest is interesting ;)

best regards,