[tor-talk] NoScript for TOR disabled by default

Joe Btfsplk joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Fri Jan 31 00:18:18 UTC 2014

On 1/30/2014 9:22 AM, Sukhoi wrote:
> In fact, I am worried with the Wireless Position System developed by
> google and others, and the introduction in the browsers, like firefox, a
> way to track which wireless networks the computer can "see" in a given
> moment. Based on that they identify the user physical (because google
> street view mapped the wireless network physical location), fingerprint
> the computer and, possibly, track other key information.
>
> Seems that this critical issue is not currently handled by TOR.

OK - why would Mozilla want to track the location of users?  Or think
that (eventually) users would not say "No" to physically being tracked?
Who *wouldn't* want to be physically tracked?  Like certain mobile
providers were geographically tracking some users. That way, if you get
lost, just call your mobile provider's CS & say, "Where am I?"

Or, is it Google saying to Mozilla, "If you want the $ we pay you (for
making Google the default search engine), then we need to be able to
physically track Fx users.  So, make it happen."

Or, maybe it's a 3 letter agency telling Mozilla & Google to add ability
in their browsers / searches, to physically track users?