[tor-talk] NoScript for TOR disabled by default

Sukhoi sukhoi47 at gmx.net
Thu Jan 30 03:11:31 UTC 2014

On 27/01/2014 02:01, Moritz Bartl wrote:
> On 01/26/2014 10:44 PM, Sukhoi wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The NoScript addon is a powerful way to improve privacy, but version
>> after version, by default it comes DISABLED!
>>
>> Is there any possibility to release the next TOR versions with NoScript
>> enabled?
>> I think this will be helpful, especially for new TOR users.
>>
>> Sukhoi
> https://www.torproject.org/docs/faq.html.en#TBBJavaScriptEnabled

Moritz,

Thanks for the link. I can understand the reason to keep noscript
enabled by default, but most of the users are not aware about the risks
associated with javascript and even many experts underestimate it; most
of the tracking/spying tools are javascript based.

I can understand the intention on not frustrate many users, but is not
TOR a tool intended to, primarily, provide security and anonymity,
instead convenience?

Sukhoi