[tor-talk] TBB 3.5 starts w/ size buttons hidden

Lars Luthman mail at larsluthman.net
Sun Jan 26 06:56:37 UTC 2014

On Sat, 2014-01-25 at 21:37 -0600, Joe Btfsplk wrote:
> On 1/25/2014 9:22 PM, Nils Kunze wrote:
> > You can use the windows key + an arrow key to resize and move windows. So
> > for example win + left arrow to make the window take over the left half of
> > the screen. With that you should be able to put it in the position you like
> > anytime.
> Thank you.  However, is anyone else having that problem?  This is
> something I haven't seen in any apps for a long time.
>
> Firefox remembers the last window size when it was closed.  TBB 3.5
> doesn't seem to, nor where it was positioned.

The size of your window can leak information that reduces your
anonymity, at least if Javascript is enabled (maybe even if it's
disabled?). I suspect that TBB has been intentionally modified to start
with the same window size every time.

It sounds odd that it starts with the title bar off-screen though.

--ll