[tor-talk] Vidalia has been replaced with Tor Launcher

Joe Btfsplk joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Sat Jan 25 22:35:46 UTC 2014

On 1/25/2014 7:33 AM, Katya Titov wrote:
> TT Security:
>> 1. So "Network Map" and "New Identity" are absent now. When these
>> functions will be add to the TBB?
> Vidalia is now a stand-alone package. Details:
>
> https://www.torproject.org/docs/faq#WhereDidVidaliaGo
If TBB is leaving Vidalia for a "better" ? Tor launcher extension, &
some have mentioned using Vidalia as stand alone, to still see circuits,
IP addresses - what are the implications?
Was Vidalia ditched for reasons that *might* make it undesirable  to use
with later TBB versions - in any circumstance?  I missed the memo on all
reasons why Vidalia - bad, Tor Launcher - good.

Whether bugs, poor / slow connections, anonymity issues?  Assuming we're
talking about possibly using Vidala &  TBB 3.5?