[tor-talk] Integrity of platforms: Trusted Computing

Blibbet blibbet at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 22:01:27 UTC 2014

 >> I'm wondering if, within anonymity community, the trusted computing
 >> technologies hasn't been evaluated properly for the values that it could
 >> be provide in terms of operating system and application integrity.
 >
 > +1
 >
 > Pond uses the TPM.

StrongSwan and FreeRadius use TCG's TNC.

Both TPM and TNC might be interesting for Tor.

But AFAIK there are no portable TPM/TNC libraries, and OS support for
them varies, Linux has Linux-IMA. I haven't used PacketFence or TNC-FHH
or OpenStack's OpenAttestation yet. I think Windows has APIs, but
Win8-onward only. I don't know of any MacOSX options. And TCG is only
useful on Intel/AMD hardware, for ARM, you'll need TrustZone and/or
GlobalPlatform TEE.