[tor-talk] Integrity of platforms: Trusted Computing

Fabio Pietrosanti (naif) lists at infosecurity.ch
Wed Jan 22 11:40:47 UTC 2014

Hi all,

a recurring discussion happening is related to the integrity of the
operating system and application.

Those kind of problem could in theory be fixed with proper use of
Trusted Computing support today present in nearly all computer's hardware.

I noticed some very interesting area such as the Thuraya Security Kernel
architecture by European Multilateral Secure Computing Base:
http://www.emscb.com/content/pages/turaya.htm

It does include also Trusted bootloader such as Grub:
http://www.emscb.com/content/messages/52899.htm

I'm wondering if, within anonymity community, the trusted computing
technologies hasn't been evaluated properly for the values that it could
be provide in terms of operating system and application integrity.

--
Fabio Pietrosanti (naif)
HERMES - Center for Transparency and Digital Human Rights