[tor-talk] Open source firewall.

Jaromil jaromil at dyne.org
Mon Jan 20 09:53:54 UTC 2014

hi,

On Mon, 20 Jan 2014, TheMindwareGroup wrote:

> Someone should write an open source firewall, I found a couple of
> pieces of open source firewall code but they where really poor (one of
> them crashed my computer), and I found an open source program
> PeerBlock to be used to stop anti-copyright company's targeting your
> file sharing, by blocking there IP address's (in both directions).

I don't understand what do you mean by "firewall"?

many things can be done between the network layer 2 and 4 using
ebtables, iptables and transparent proxys. Do you simply want to block
all outgoing traffic if not through Tor?

If you detail your situation then I might be able to include your needs
in this new minimalistic software bundle I'm currently working on
http://www.dyne.org/software/dowse

For now, its main focus is to perform well on old PCs or embedded
devices running Linux, with some mild privacy measures (privoxy) and
automatic .onion and .i2p resolution (which is not fully anonymous, but
prone to leaking links to clearnet). I'm contemplating already the
inclusion of a simple switch to make it block all traffic to clearnet.

ciao

--
http://jaromil.dyne.org
GPG: 6113 D89C A825 C5CE DD02  C872 73B3 5DA5 4ACB 7D10