[tor-talk] Hammond, Tor

C B cb736 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 5 01:00:41 UTC 2014

I can only speak for the United States, like all other evil countries or empires, with a Constitution which says a lot of lovely things, and which is completely ignored by the Nazis who came to power in 2000, even allegedly calling it just a g-d piece of paper.

There are legal, constitutional ways of catching people who commit crimes, like when Kennedy was assassinated. The FBI agent in charge of determining if there was anyone else involved is said to have concluded after 30 years that if there had been they would have spilled the beans to someone over that time (despite the movie with the line "I've still got the shovels" - that were used to bury the others involved). The US will have to go through its own purge like when East Germany re-united and all of the files of the Stazi became available for us to definitively know. May that day come soon. I would love to find out what my fbi file says but I am unwilling to give them my name so that they can tell me. They are though, free to post all of their files online so that I can look for myself to see if there even is any file.

Unfortunately the pressure to commit crimes is identical for those who are tasked with solving crimes as those who are tasked with committing them (cosy little symbiotic relationship there - without crime there would be no courts jails police or lawyers, so they all hope that crime will increase just so they will have a job). So there are just as many corrupt police and judges as there are honest criminals. The best thing for the police to do is use tools that are legal. Credit cards were stolen and used to make $700,000 of donations to non-profits. Almost all of those charges can be reversed, and the cards replaced. Will someone catch the person who stole 40 million credit card numbers from Target? Maybe, maybe not. The United States as a Nazi regime has chosen to create an enormous, and completely unconstitutional NSA, which siphons and stores all electronic data. The US would be better suited to completely close the agency. Our own government has
 become our greatest threat.

Typically most people are good, and are able to find a means of income that does not harm anyone, but our corporations are not without guilt. Countless stockbrokers have flat out swindled people out of their retirement (think the wolf of wallstreet). But if you want to make the world better you can not do it by yourself making it worse.

There are two types of communication, private and public. Public such as this, or to or from a public official, all of which must be made public in a timely manner, and private, meaning intended for only one other person and that person not being a public official. Private needs to be kept private forever, with no exceptions, and we now have the technology to make that possible, and just as private as it was before there was any technology (what your great-great grandfather or grandmother said to their neighbor, if not made public, is most assuredly the same security we need to enjoy today). We need to by default be encrypting all communications, including telephone, text, and e-mail, so that wiretapping is impossible. Removing that tool from law enforcement does not eliminate all possibility of lawfully bringing someone to trial who has committed a crime. Eliminating NSA will not make it any less or more likely that the US will be able to either prevent
 or allow the next Boston/New York/Oklahoma bombing, for example. (I contend that we allowed 911 and wanted it to happen, so we could justify the completely unpatriotic Patriot Act, and the invasion of Afghanistan which was not to capture Bin Laden - a team of four could have done that, but to restore the growth of heroin providing opium poppies, which the Taliban, at the request of the UN, had just done.)

The world is what we make it - make it good.