[tor-talk] Risk of checking multiple accounts with TorBirdy

Sebastian G. <bastik.tor> bastik.tor at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 4 09:47:33 UTC 2014

04.01.2014 09:05, dhanlin:
> Hello,
>
> If you check multiple e-mail accounts simultaneously with TorBirdy,
> would that make it easy for an adversary to correlate the accounts?

Without being able to evaluate the risk:

It also depends on where and who your adversary is. If all account are
at the same provider, the provider should be able to know after some
repeated e-mail retrievals that always happened at the same time for all
these accounts.

If your adversary could watch all email providers and can tell that
there are always three accounts that have their emails checked at always
the same time then he knows that they are linked.

I'm unaware of how a local (at your end) adversary would be able to tell
that you check multiple account at the same time.

Best regards,
Sebastian G. (bastik)