[tor-talk] How to update the consensus in client as soon as the configuration of relay nodes changed

Aiminyoung aiminyoung at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 09:54:32 UTC 2014

Hi Karsten

I've found some new settings from Chutney torrc template,
TestingServerDownloadSchedule and TestingClientDownloadSchedule.
Then I upgrade my tor to 0.2.5.2 since the new settings are available in
0.2.5.x and gave small values to the settings, but no help.
So I went back to source code and found that in directory.c the directory
request parameter "if_modified_since" came from "valid_after" plus a
constant 180. Though I'm not sure about the reason this number written in
numeric instead of a constant definition, I removed it and now the
consensus file in client can be updated in a period of
TestingClientDownloadSchedule!
Thanks again for the guide.

Best Regards,
Aiminyoung