[tor-talk] How to update the consensus in client as soon as the configuration of relay nodes changed

Aiminyoung aiminyoung at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 03:24:08 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have setup a private tor network containing one client, one dirserver,
and three relay nodes.
To make the changes of relay nodes take effect to client, I have to shorten
the updating period of directory information on dirserver and client.
V3AuthVotingInterval, V3AuthVoteDelay, and V3AuthDistDelay on dirserver
were set to 60 seconds (source code about the minimum limitation were also
modified),  so that the cached-consensus is updated every 1 minute.
Now I have problem in accelerating the cache updating on client because I
can't find the command to make it.
Is there other ways to shorten the updating interval on client, such as an
delay constant in source code?
Thanks!

Aiminyoung