[tor-talk] Obfsproxy on Raspberry Pi

Kostas Jakeliunas kostas at jakeliunas.com
Tue Feb 11 14:23:51 UTC 2014

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 2:52 PM, Patrick ZAJDA <patrick at zajda.fr> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I want to set an obfuscated bridge on my Raspberry Pi.
>
> When I do sudo apt-get source obfsproxy apt notices me it needs
> python-pyptlib which cannot be found.
>
> How can I install python-pyptlib on Raspbian?
>
> I know python-pyptlib is available on backports, but no backports exist
> for Raspbian.

Hi Patrick,

`apt-cache search pyptlib` finds one 'python-pyptlib' for me - this is my
/etc/apt/sources.list (don't forget to `sudo apt-get update` after altering
it):

deb http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/ wheezy main contrib
non-free rpi
deb http://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org wheezy main
deb-src http://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org wheezy main

afaik you don't need to `apt-get source` - just use `apt-get install`. But
if you want the latest obfsproxy (0.2.4, the one which includes
scramblesuit), you might want to try pip, the 'alternative python package
manager' (the package name is 'python pip'; you can then install obfsproxy
using 'sudo pip install obfsproxy').

I might be misusing things/commands, though.

--

Kostas / wfn

0x0e5dce45 @ pgp.mit.edu