[tor-talk] German Laywer Sasse & Partner call to order / German Abmahnung

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Thu Feb 6 17:53:40 UTC 2014

On 02/06/2014 12:03 PM, T F wrote:
> I need arguments for the Answer to the Laywer and need some support from
> the Tor Community. Cause I am and feel not guilty! I haven't done something
> wrong in my view, but I am the owner of my Internet Accesspoint and in
> Germany I am personally responsible for any abuses which causes from my
> Internet Access!

No, this is *false*. That's what the content industry wants you to
believe. You are *not* responsible for content forwarded by your exit
relay in Germany (and most other countries). See
http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/tmg/__15.html
and
http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/tmg/__8.html

Basically, you write them that you run a Tor exit relay, and that you're
not liable and don't have any user information, in fact you're not
allowed to have any, based on these two paragraphs. Include a sentence
on what Tor does, and link torproject.org. Include a link to
https://metrics.torproject.org/exonerator.html, ideally the link that
shows that your IP was in fact a Tor exit relay at that point in time.

You do *not* have to pay or involve a lawyer at this point.

We're happy to help if you have further questions. They might continue
in annoying ways to threaten you, but rest assured that nothing bad will
come out of this. If they really elevate it, you might need a lawyer. We
might have options to help you with that, too.

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/