[tor-talk] tor setup on wt3020h with openwrt problem

Aeris aeris+tor at imirhil.fr
Sun Dec 28 20:28:10 UTC 2014

> I installed tor and running. I can see that the ports 9040 and 9053 is
> listened. So will be happy if anyone had such an openwrt experience helps.

Hi,

Viewing your config files, seems you only run a Tor node on your 3020.
So your 3020 only provide a simple SOCKS5 proxy and you have to configure all
your application to use it, as if you run Tor locally.

If you want to use your 3020 as transparent tor proxy, you have to config your
firewall to redirect all incoming wireless traffic through the Trans and DNS port
of your Tor instance.
Something like
	iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i wlan0 -p udp --dport 53 -j REDIRECT --
to-ports 9053
	iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i wlan0 -p tcp ! --dport 53 --syn -j
REDIRECT --to-ports 9051

Regards,
--
Aeris

Protégez votre vie privée, chiffrez vos communications
GPG : EFB74277 ECE4E222
OTR : 5769616D 2D3DAC72
https://café-vie-privée.fr/