[tor-talk] To how many other relays does a relay have connections?

Tom van der Woerdt info at tvdw.eu
Sat Dec 27 15:39:07 UTC 2014

Jann Horn schreef op 27/12/14 om 16:23:
> To how many other Onion Routers does an Onion Router typically
> have open TLS connections? I suspect that the answer is
> something like "to nearly all of them", but would like to have
> that confirmed.

Hi Jann,

It depends on the OR. I had a quick look at some of my own ORs: a relay
with ~5MB/s had an average of 40 open connections to other ORs, and a
relay with ~20MB/s reported 250. These numbers seem rather stable:
across all my nodes similar numbers are reported.

That said, these are both exits. The numbers may be different for relays
that are mainly middle routers or guards.

Tom