[tor-talk] All I Want For X-mas: TorPhone

Chuck Peters cp at axs.org
Sat Dec 27 00:01:28 UTC 2014

spencerone at openmailbox.org said:

> With all of the great development happening around the Tor network
> this holiday season, it seems fitting to ask for something that
> would help me out tremendously: TorPhone.
>
> I propose, and please point me in the correct direction if I am
> overlooking something that already exists, a bare-bones WiFi-only
> mobile device.

Did you see the Tor Blog post Mission Impossible: Hardening Android for
Security and Privacy?

https://blog.torproject.org/blog/mission-impossible-hardening-android-security-and-privacy

Perhaps Mike Perry, or others who have tried it, can let us know how the
project is progressing?

The last comment was posted back in August and the updated blog doesn't
show when it was last updated. It would be nice if the changelog showed
some dates.

And a related question, how does one tunnel UDP through TCP or Tor?

And all I wanted for Xmas was a Tor Tshirt... My relay node has made the
500KBs avg for two months and I was hoping I would have heard something
about the Tshirt being on it's way... 423.44 kB/s avg for three months
and by my simple calculation 333 kBs (500x3/2) should have averaged 500 kBs
for two months, or am I being too numerate?
https://globe.torproject.org/#/relay/1FAFE871D920CA043DCD761E8DF434BD818688B1

Happy New Year!

Chuck