[tor-talk] Possible upcoming attempts to disable the Tor network

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Fri Dec 19 22:19:05 UTC 2014

The Tor Project has learned that there may be an attempt to incapacitate
our network in the next few days through the seizure of specialized
servers in the network called directory authorities. (Directory
authorities help Tor clients learn the list of relays that make up the
Tor network.) We are taking steps now to ensure the safety of our users,
and our system is already built to be redundant so that users maintain
anonymity even if the network is attacked. Tor remains safe to use.

https://blog.torproject.org/blog/possible-upcoming-attempts-disable-tor-network

--Roger