[tor-talk] Tor and solidarity against online harassment

Andreas Krey a.krey at gmx.de
Tue Dec 16 09:43:57 UTC 2014

On Mon, 15 Dec 2014 23:19:38 +0000, Mirimir wrote:
> Certainly, Tor helps the US and its allies to consolidate their power.
> Why else would they fund it?

Because science?

> But mostly it helps them to consolidate
> their power against other states. It's probably been used against Iraq
> and Russia, for example.

I wonder what kind of activity you consider here as 'been used against $country'.

As far as I understand, to provide unwatched access to the wider internet
in firewalled/monitored countries is one of the goals that the US sees
in the tor project, but I don't exactly consider that 'against $country'.

Andreas

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."
From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@*.org>