[tor-talk] HR4681 Sec 309 communication privacy legislation

ITechGeek itg at itechgeek.com
Mon Dec 15 04:55:51 UTC 2014

This is all mute:

(i) the communication has been affirmatively determined, in whole or in
part, to constitute foreign intelligence or counterintelligence or is
necessary to understand or assess foreign intelligence or
counterintelligence;

Item I probably is intended to cover FISA warrants.  Which is what the NSA
has been using to get info from companies already.

So I read this as they can keep the communications indef if it is encrypted
or they have a FISA warrant, FISA warrants are already NSA general
procedure for getting everyone's emails and call records.

-ITG (ITechGeek)
ITG at ITechGeek.Com
https://itg.nu/
GPG Keys: https://itg.nu/contact/gpg-key
Preferred GPG Key: Fingerprint: AB46B7E363DA7E04ABFA57852AA9910A DCB1191A
Google Voice: +1-703-493-0128 / Twitter: ITechGeek / Facebook:
http://fb.me/Jbwa.Net