[tor-talk] Tor and solidarity against online harassment

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Sat Dec 13 02:51:04 UTC 2014

On 12/12/2014 06:33 PM, Juan wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Dec 2014 15:18:29 -0700
> Mirimir <mirimir at riseup.net> wrote:
>
>> On 12/12/2014 01:43 PM, Juan wrote:

>> <SNIP>
>>
>> Well, who do you work for, then?
>

> 	Whatever work I do is none of your business since it has
> 	nothing to do with politics.

So you say ;)

> 	But you asked your loaded question anyway. Since I call out the
> 	'democratic' 'liberal' americunt tor project I must work for
> 	somebody else? The chinese? The muslamic terrists? Moscow?
> 	Take your pick.

OK, I was just curious to see what you'd say.

> 	No, the fact that I laugh at the US government, its lackeys, and
> 	its sick propaganda doesn't mean I work for any other political
> 	organization. I am politicallly independent. Something you
> 	might not be.

Nope. I'm total freelance.

>> Your arguments have little weight without evidence that Tor has been
>> tampered with on behalf of the US government.
>
> 	Whatever you say bro. Notice how you're unable to counter any
> 	single thing I said. That's why you
>
> 	 <SNIP>ed my whole message.

I snipped your interchange with Roger because I have nothing new to add.
Roger says: "No backdoors. Ever." And you argue that statements by
American subjects who work for its government can't be trusted. But as
you and Roger seem to agree, it's all just words. What's to counter?

My point, which you sidestep, is that it's past time for you to produce
some evidence for backdoors in Tor. You and your associates are free to
inspect the source code, to probe the network as you like with your
relays and clients, and to do whatever else you can imagine. Go for it.

> 	Even Roger knows better than that...

I'm not interested in debating. It would be repetitious and boring.