[tor-talk] Idea: Public verification of exit nodes and their maintainers - Fwd: [tor-relays] specifying your own entrance and exit nodes

Gareth Owen gareth.owen at port.ac.uk
Thu Dec 11 15:32:44 UTC 2014

Hi

I'm not sure the "web of trust" idea is reliable -  It doesn't seem to work
very well for PGP to be honest.

The second point is that identifiable exit node owners doesn't necessarily
add any security - identities are easily faked including building up
relationships as that identitiy over time.

Limiting the number of nodes you exit through is probably a bad idea too
particularly if an attacker can identify the set.

Best
Gareth