[tor-talk] Off topic- Android is suspect spyware?

andre76 at fastmail.fm andre76 at fastmail.fm
Tue Dec 9 23:22:57 UTC 2014

Anything that google touches or promotes is very suspicious. Now that
Android seems to be a predominant os for many gadgets I'd like your
opinion about it.

I do understand that Android's kernel is Linux but beyond that I don't
know much.

Is there a way to eliminate all of the google bloatware and programs
from an Android tablet and have a simple tablet that runs android
without having to deal with google? That google playstore monopoly
drives me nuts!

Rooting seems a partial answer to begin the process of modifying stuff
on a device.

What do you think?

Thanks,

Roland