[tor-talk] Hidden services, what is recommended

Griffin Boyce griffin at cryptolab.net
Tue Aug 26 13:33:27 UTC 2014

Martin S wrote:
> We run an ownCloud server so I have experience with that. Unless
> anyone knows anything to deter me I'd use that, but still, again, good
> to know it's being done!

   They're really similar -- cozy is easy to install via the command
line* but is more geared towards individuals than groups.

   If you wanted to make your ownCloud server accessible via hidden
service, that would be fairly straightforward.  (Assuming that it's on a
server that can connect to the Tor network).

> experience I have with Mumble though is as a game communication tool
> for Eve Online =)

   Haha, yeah, pretty mush the same here.  It's for gaming and talking to
privacy-aware Germans ;-)

best,
Griffin

*  sudo apt-get install nodejs npm | sudo npm install cozy-calendar -g

--
"I believe that usability is a security concern; systems that do
not pay close attention to the human interaction factors involved