[tor-talk] Third-parties tracking me on Tor

Cypher cypher at cpunk.us
Mon Aug 25 22:16:28 UTC 2014

On 08/25/2014 05:02 PM, TerryZ at Safe-mail.net wrote:

<snip>

> The only thing I'm sure wasn't compromised is what I encrypted myself using my PGP key. I altered the GPG source code to create longer keys.

Just a quick comment on creating a longer key. I see a lot of people
doing that and I think it's absolutely useless. As of now, we do not
believe that anyone has the computing power to break a 4096 bit RSA key
by brute force. The only way would be through a side attack. If a side
attack worked against a 4096 bit key, it would likely also work against
a 8k key as well.

There's no real benefit to creating a larger than 'standard' key at this
point.

Cypher