[tor-talk] Performance

Martin S shieldfire at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 13:16:22 UTC 2014

> I guess the broader question is what the original poster was trying
> to do -- if the goal is to give Tor's protection to everybody in the
> organization, and the way they did it was to leave everybody using
> Internet Explorer, and then redirect outgoing traffic into Privoxy
> which sends it through Tor, then the users are missing out on all
> the application-level privacy and security features that Tor Browser
> gives you:
> https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser/design/

Basically this (or Firefox, or Chrome as it might be). This is the
scenario for our office in Stockholm, where the main part of our users
are. For the users in our foreign offices the Torbrowser (which may or
may not be considered hideously slow) is obviously an obvious
alternative.

Also, we are considering running (a) hidden service(s) on the server
in the future.

Is there a document somewhere that describes the differences between
what I've been doing and using the Torbrowser?

/Martin S