[tor-talk] Three questions

ml at ruggedinbox.com ml at ruggedinbox.com
Mon Aug 11 17:01:14 UTC 2014

On 2014-08-09 08:24, Lunar wrote:

> ml at ruggedinbox.com:
>
>> 1. when running a service as a hidden service, for example a web
>> server, the client IP address is always 127.0.0.1. Is there a way to
>> have some more 'unique' information about the visitor, in order to
>> mitigate a DDOS attack ?
>
> See "Client identification in hidden service applications" in the April
> 2nd 2014 issue of Tor Weekly News:
> https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-news/2014-April/000039.html
> [1]
>
> I don't remember seeing any progress toward merging a patch answering
> Nick's comments.
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1]
> https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-news/2014-April/000039.html

Thanks Lunar and grarpamp for your time and feedback.

Thanks for the link, also (re)read this one:
https://blog.torproject.org/blog/hidden-services-need-some-love
and wonder how still actual it is.

About connecting to an ssh server with keys, just a little doubt: if I
connect to all my servers without changing my ssh private and public
keys (so without deleting '/etc/ssh' and re-creating the keys every
time), would an attacker be able to observe that the same client (my pc)
is connecting to those different servers ?
In short .. can my ssh client be tracker / fingerprinted if I use always
the same public and private keys ?

Thank you very much for supporting and for your wisdom!!
RuggedInbox team