[tor-talk] Police arrest

mick mbm at rlogin.net
Mon Aug 11 14:59:22 UTC 2014

On Fri, 8 Aug 2014 11:54:57 +0700
Vladimir Teplouhov <vladimir.teplouhov at gmail.com> allegedly wrote:

> > This is worrying.
> >
> > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/08/07/london_cops_close_down_site_arrest_suspect/
> >
> > If this reporting is accurate, it implies that UK City of London
> > Police may be co-operating with copyright enforcers in closing down
> > a service which bypasses an ISP filter.
>
> я вот что не понимаю - почему в TOR-е до сих пор нет кнопки
> безопасности?..
>
> Тем более что Англия это можно сказать рай, по сравнению с другими
> странами...

Vladimir

Forgive me, but my Russian is non-existent. However, if the online
translation mechanism I used is even remotely accurate, I think what you
are saying is somthing like "the UK may be bad, but it is nothing
compared to the problems we have".

I accept that. But just because others face worse difficulties does
not mean we in the UK should accept creeping censorship.

Best

Mick

 Mick Morgan
 gpg fingerprint: FC23 3338 F664 5E66 876B  72C0 0A1F E60B 5BAD D312
 http://baldric.net