[tor-talk] Craigslist now blocking all Tor IPs? bad people use Tor

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 09:02:27 UTC 2014

On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 4:39 AM, Öyvind Saether <oyvinds at everdot.org> wrote:
> One of my own
> sites receive about 10k abusive http POST requests per day from the Tor
> network.

Yet you neglect to both
- fully qualify and describe those abusive requests here
- state how many of the exact same thing you see from clearnet in a day

Without such, the above report is unfortunately unqualified anti-tor FUD.

> I fully understand why many people do not want this cost

Cost? What cost? One (perhaps failed) request every 8.64 seconds?
Really? Where can I mail you a dollar for your bandwidth.

> The few legitimate Tor users that may want
> to visit your site tend to block advertisements anyway. Thus, blocking
> Tor can easily be seen as something that can reduce costs increase
> shareholder value.

'Your site'? So you deploy ads in people's faces and complain that
people use adblockers against you?
And shareholders... based on a model that people hate and whose
minds do pretty well at ignoring even without blockers? Lol, remind
me to 'invest' elsewhere in things people like. Or at least start accepting
cash donations/payments in the mail, or Bitcoin. Oh, but that might
cost you to do work to open mail. Oy vey.

> from the Tor network without blocking it but implementing these

Deal with clearnet properly and you will have done with Tor as well.

> little or no cost or convince them why they should accept a reduced

'No cost'? Nothing is free my friend.

> bottom line just to please the two Tor users who are not abusive then

Just two non abusive users? Reference please.