[tor-talk] Programming language for anonymity network

Aymeric Vitte vitteaymeric at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 09:39:04 UTC 2014

Le 18/04/2014 19:48, Nick Mathewson a écrit :
> Personally, if I were starting over, I'd look into a multi-languge
> approach: a memory-safe compiled language for most of the programming,
> with cryptographic and lowest-level networking code in C, and a
> scripting language for higher level tasks and for component testing.
It seems like you are describing something like nodejs here, no?
If you don't like low-level node code or you don't trust it or things
are missing or you can not do it efficiently with js or you don't want
to use js for strategic pieces, you can do your C++ modules with node
and link them with high level js. This approach might restrict the use
of the code to some platforms and not open it to others like browsers,
ff os, chrome...

Regards

Aymeric

--