[tor-talk] Heartbleed bug / Mainstream information

Christopher J. Walters cwal989 at comcast.net
Mon Apr 14 18:22:20 UTC 2014

On 4/13/2014 4:54 PM, Артур Истомин wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 04:01:09PM -0400, Christopher J. Walters wrote:
.snip.
> Yeah, we all know about this shit. But problem not NSA (they need a bomb
> under their building), problem about how many devices/software not fixed
> and can not be fixed, how many people suffer because of this?

You can speak for everyone?  That's amazing.  I disagree on the NSA.  They are
a major part of the problem - they introduce vulnerabilities into the Internet
Infrastructure and block them from being fixed.  I have to wonder how many of
their contractors had knowledge of this bug, and how many hackers got
information about it from NSA contractors.

I agree that it is a big problem of how many sites have not/will not/cannot be
fixed and how many people will be hurt by it.  It is also an issue of whether
the fix for this bug *actually* fixes the bug, and whether this fix introduces
new vulnerabilities into the software.