[tor-talk] Pogoplug: is safe enough against NSA?

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Thu Apr 10 19:55:03 UTC 2014

On 04/10/2014 03:01 PM, Marcos Eugenio Kehl wrote:
> Hello experts!
> What do you think about Pogoplug?
> https://pogoplug.com/safeplug
>
> Why do I use it instead of Tor Browser in my computer?

Nothing is "safe enough against NSA". The safeplug developers never
reached out to the Tor project, which obviously lowers the interest in
working with them. Some people have looked at it briefly, discarding it
because of several reasons which I don't exactly remember right now.
Something about an tracking identifier being sent to their servers, etc.

Staying with Tor Browser is the best bet for now. Tor Browser on the
client side protects against a lot of problems that transparent proxying
cannot solve.

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/