[tor-talk] torbutton icon disappeared

Joe Btfsplk joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Sun Apr 6 22:37:07 UTC 2014

On 4/5/2014 4:20 PM, Joe Btfsplk wrote:
> I noticed the Torbuttion icon - to the L of address / URL box,
> disappeared sometime after last getting a new identity via Torbutton.
>
> Other than "reinstalling" the browser, any ideas how to get the icon
> back (even if I have to hack a file, like w/ resource hacker, etc)?
>
> Not sure if it disappeared immediately on getting a new identity or some
> other reason.  The NoScript icon - that was on L part of Nav bar also
> went back into the "icon reserve" when R click Fx toolbar > "Customize."
> The icon for Torbutton isn't in that listing - not sure it ever was.
>
> No option in Torbutton to show an icon on toolbars.  Maybe uninstall /
> reinstall Torbutton?  I guess reinstalling shouldn't hurt anything.
I extracted files for Tor Browser bundle to a temp location, then copied
the Torbutton .xpi file.
Removed Torbutton from current Tor Browser version; restarted; installed
Torbutton; restarted.

That didn't place a Torbutton icon on nav bar, but did put one in
customization list, so it could be added.
So far, the reinstalled Torbutton seems to work normally.