[tor-talk] Startpage, Ixquick not accessible

Joe Btfsplk joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Mon Sep 30 15:43:43 UTC 2013

On 9/30/2013 10:01 AM, Joe Btfsplk wrote:
> Has anyone else had problems accessing startpage, Ixquick & DuckDuckGo
> search engines w/ TBB recently?
>
> For several days & several restarts of Windows TBB 2.3.25-12, their
> pages time out almost immediately on accessing them.
>
> Restarted TBB, changed identities & closed current relays several
> times w/ same result.
> I CAN still access google, Bing, Yahoo (sometimes) & any other
> searches like Amazon, Wikipedia, etc.  The ones still accessible load
> quickly.
>
> I have NO trouble accessing Startpage / Ixquick or DDG via regular Fx
> 23, which leads to believe the problem is tied to Tor relay addresses.
>
> Haven't been on Tor-Talk for quite a while, so sorry if this has been
> discussed.
Re:  log entries when access Ixquick, Startpage.

Immediately on trying to access these search engines that are
"unavailable," the ONLY entries appearing in Tor log after the failed
connections are:

"[Info] connection_edge_process_relay_cell(): data cell dropped, unknown
stream (streamid 21351)."

This same message also appears for other *successful* connections, so
don't know it's particularly useful.  I don't have "debug" option
checked in logging.