[tor-talk] (no subject)

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Wed Sep 25 22:03:51 UTC 2013

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 05:32:32PM -0400, Nathan Suchy wrote:
> Yes. You can download the Tor browser bundle which works fine on all major
> linux distributions...

Right.

https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html.en#downloads

> On Sep 25, 2013 4:31 PM, "Robert K" <kjtrebor at rocketmail.com> wrote:
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1z2K1Izur4

But be careful following the instructions in the youtube video. It looks
like they made some deb somewhere and stuck Tor Browser Bundle in it
and want you to install that. A) Nobody's audited what exactly they're
having you install, now or in the future, and B) I have no idea how or
whether they'll keep that deb up to date.

It would be nice to make a deb that has Tor Browser in it. There are
a bunch of trac tickets on the topic. I think Micah from EFF has been
working on it as well; but I don't think this youtube video is pointing
to Micah's thing.

--Roger