[tor-talk] development interests

David Green dgringo1 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 17:05:36 UTC 2013

You're insecure if you drive without a seat-belt, or cross the road, or
fly, etc, but the vast majority of people who do not, are safe and fine. As
long as you are aware, one should be safe, or, if required, be able to
repair any active fault/hole.  You do not want to start getting wagged by
the 'tail'! ;)

I am not concerned about vendor control, if anything, it is a deeper, more
subtle, social control.  But I am not concerned, as I have never 'crashed'
(discounting Windows or, rarely, OS X) and do not foresee it.

I have no issues with Linux, in many ways that is where I have always been
heading... and was very happy when OS X appeared (as, at the time, Linux
was just too much 'work' to deal with), but I do not wish to be needlessly
pushed or coerced in doing, buying or fretting about anything, ultimately,
as unimportant to living and breathing as computing is -- OK, it is
important to financial types and governments, but they are keen to monitor
every penny and how they can wring more from ourselves.

I believe there is more people like myself, not interested in chasing some
metaphysical goal of needless progress -- certainly technology.  :)

David

Bye-the-by, I do have a netbook with which I play with Ubuntu and or
Slackware.