[tor-talk] Tor companies

Andrew Lewman andrew at torproject.is
Mon Sep 23 21:19:55 UTC 2013

On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 13:14:17 -0700
coderman <coderman at gmail.com> wrote:

> in addition "The Tor Project, Inc." there appears to be related:
>
> "Tor Solutions Corporation" - Tor Solutions Corporation in Walpole, MA
> is a private company categorized under Website Design Services. Our
> records show it was established in and incorporated in Massachusetts.

This is our for-profit small business wholly owned by the non-profit,
The Tor Project, Inc. A number of places won't do business with a
non-profit, only for-profit entities. In this case, a small business
was a requirement of BBG to get the recently expired contract. The
financials are merged into the non-profit to force transparency and
keep everyone involved honest. You can see this show up in our 2012
financial statements and 990 filing.

> "Tor Solutions Group" - unknown.

No idea what this is. I suspect it is a typo, or someone else created a
company and got it funded through BBG for unknown work.

--
Andrew
http://tpo.is/contact